This is a very decadent cookie. So good!
It is a perfect ratio of sweet chocolate, chewy caramel and a crunch of salted pecans.
What you need:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 6 ounces fine-quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped coarse
- 18 caramels such as Kraft, chopped coarse (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 375°F.
In a bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
In another bowl with an electric mixer cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, and beat in flour mixture.
Stir chocolate, caramels, and pecans into dough and drop rounded tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto baking sheets. If you dont have a good pan make sure to lay down parchment paper to prevent burning and sticking.
Bake the cookies in the middle oven rack 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden.
Make sure not to eat the cookies right away because the caramels will be VERY HOT. Make sure too cool for a few minutes before eating.